Essay A: What matters most to you, and why?
For this essay, we would like you to:
- Do some deep self-examination, so you can genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Write from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
Essay B: Why Stanford?
Enlighten us on how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
- If you are applying to both the MBA and MSx programs, use Essay B to address your interest in both programs.
Your answers for both essay questions combined may not exceed 1,150 words (1,200 words if you are applying to both the MBA and MSx programs). Each of you has your own story to tell, so please allocate these words between the essays in the way that is most effective for you. Below is a suggested word count, based on what we typically see.
|Essay||Suggested Word Count|
|Essay B (if applying to both the MBA and MSx programs)|
Deadline : Sept. 21, 2016
Class of 2017 Overview
Years of Work Experience
Previous Industry Experience
|Biotech/Health Care/Consumer Products and Services||7%|
|Clean Tech, Energy, or Environmental||5%|
|Entertainment or Media||6%|
|Private Equity/Venture Capital ||16%|
| || |
|Advanced Degree Holders||13%|
Schools and Countries
|Countries (including U.S.)||53|
1 As of 21 September 2015
2 Includes permanent residents and U.S. dual citizens
3 U.S. schools, 4.0 scale only
Disclaimer: The aforementioned information has been picked up from GSB website. All the copyright belongs to GSB. And please check the GSB site before applying for any updates.