1) How can I select the colleges I want to target? What things I need to keep in mind? Do I have to visit at every website?
The colleges you choose would depend on your specialization you are looking for. So for example you would want too choose IIMA for its excellent marketing courses, Stanford for Entreprenuership. So you will have to identify before hand that what shall be your target area of studies. You should keep in mind about what shall be your exit options from college like job, average salary, response in the market for that college. Importantly because you would want recover you investment quickly. Yes you will have to visit website of every college you want to apply. Because it would a brief about your match for their college.
2. I had given a GMAT in Aug and got score of 590 (49Q, 27V). Now I have enrolled with e-gmat and am now preparing after watching the videos. Is this my approach right? Anything you wanna suggest?
Yes you are going on the right path. You would really need to ramp up your preparations this time. Please keep in mind a few pointers.
a) Maintain an Error Log of the mistakes that you make. [Read More : How to make error log for gmat? ]
b) You should 50% of the time solving problems and 50% of the time analyzing when you completed them.
- You should understand what the question is looking for and why the right answer is right.
- Why the wrong answer is wrong
- And why did you pick the wrong answer as right.
c) Did you struggle with time management. If yes, the follow the article by Stacey Koprince on time managemet . Click Here
d) E-GMAT is a very good course. so you should follow the instructions.
e) You can also look into Grockit First Set of 8 lectures by Farbood Nivi. They are pretty good to get oriented well with the exam and approach to problems.
f) Do solve Manhattan GMAT Practice tests and GMAT prep.
For 3 & 4, do you think your GMAT is in the range of the colleges you wish to apply. Then yes, we should speak about them. If Not, i would recommend to pick up target schools and start preparing to acheive the score in the range those schools
High scores above 750+ are rare and only a few candidates score them. You should focus on scoring around 700 to get accepeted in most top B-schools.